Internal Medicine is a medical specialty dealing with prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of adult diseases. An Internal Medicine residency can lead to a career as a Primary Care Physician, a Hospitalist, a wide range of Sub-specialists (cardiology, endocrinology, gastroenterology, oncology, etc.), or a career in academic medicine.
The Internal Medicine Interest Group (IMIG) provides an opportunity to learn more about a career in Internal Medicine through:
specialty speakers and panels with EVMS IM physicians and residents
research networking opportunities
hands-on workshops (i.e. lumbar puncture, IV insertion, thoracentesis, etc) **COVID-19 dependent**
If you have questions, suggestions on how to improve the club, or ideas for events and meetings, please feel free to email EVMS IMIG:
We highly appreciate your ideas and suggestions!
Executive Committee (2020-2021)
President: Devan Wilkins
Vice President: Mohammed Yassin
Treasurer: Trevor Uhl
Secretary: Elizabeth Li
Outreach Coordinator: Manasa Vallabhaneni
Dr. Goodman: Program Director of EVMS Internal Medicine Residency
Dr. King: Associate: Associate Program Director of EVMS Internal Medicine Residency
Sign-up to become a member and/or be on our email listserv:
American College of Physician (ACP) Registration
"The American College of Physicians (ACP) is a national organization of internists - physician specialists who apply scientific knowledge and clinical expertise to the diagnosis, treatment, and compassionate care of adults across the spectrum from health to complex illness."
- FREE and only takes 5 minutes! : Required to join during M3, might as well do it now!
- CV ENHANCER
- FREE pin for your white coat!
- EVMS IMIG receives funding for each student that joins, which means more funding for YOUR events (food, hands-on workshops, etc)
- Access to Nationwide Internal Medicine Mentor database (residency connections!):
- M3's and M4's: Access to Internal Medicine Residency database:
- Free admission to Annual Internal Medicine Meeting - in Los Angeles April 23-25, 2020! : NETWORKING opportunity
- National Abstract Competition:
Sign-up for our email listserv or join our Facebook group to hear about our upcoming events!
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/268427777312728/?ref=bookmarks